Pages

12/12/2010

Electrocrafting - The Flight of The Electric Phoenix

The completion of The Electric Phoenix album has been postponed due to my studies and other projects. But I've still managed to make both the actual production work and planning for the ensemble a bit.

I started to browse through my old track drafts and found many of those that I'd like to get completed and that fit into the theme and the story of TEP. This will allow me to put aside some of the tracks I've been trying to compose for TEP that I consider not so succesfull at the moment.

These findings of old drafts also make it possible to raise the number of the tracks from eight to even 15. I've been thinking that the online release would include the originally thought amount of eight tracks and only the actual CD release would include all 15 tracks.

New project draft adds to TEP

As I am an enthusiastic music project starter and planner (but usually not so succeeding to complete or upkeep those projects) I started yet again a new ambient music project called MER which is an acronym for Main Existence Resolution.

After enthusing for some weeks it was time to slap myself into reality and state that if there is not enough time to get even one project moving on two of them would be impossible to get on with. I even made the album cover for the first release of MER, see it below.

The album cover draft for Main Existence Resolution.


I then decided to add the first track of MER I made during that enthusing period as a part of TEP. I used the project name as a name of that track. So you'll hear Main Existence Resolution as a part of TEP album.

I registered a Vimeo account in order to give you some tasters of tracks in progress. This time you'll get a taster draft of, what else, Main Existence Resolution. I even ended up fiddling some kind of a video for it, using the previously drafted album cover. Just some 15 min. tweaking, but better than using plain cover pic. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment