Pages

9/24/2010

Electrocrafting - September

Welcome to Electrocrafting-series of Elektopol, title under which I'll put my studio diaries and such.

Moon over Moogerah by Matthew Stewart

No specific deadline is set for the release of The Electric Phoenix, but it would be rather nice to get it complete until the end of year 2010. New album, track and story ideas emerge all the time and there are already some ideas considering the possible following album.

Three of eight tracks for TEP are complete at some degree (slight mixing and variations are needed) and five are under construction. There are total of ten different tracks or track billets waiting to get complete. Some of those are surely material for the next album as their point of view is somewhat different from TEP tracks.

I've been struggling with my timetables as there are some university studies, running and parties to get over with. Hopefully I will have more time for composing after I end my running season for this year 4th October.

Vast sample libraries and available VST-instruments have made it easy for me to concentrate on essentials and just create sounds that auralize (is that a word?) my thoughts and ideas. At the moment I am very happy that I have managed to get out sounds that I've wanted. These almost complete tracks present quite presicely what I wanted them to present. I'll put some samples online before the actual release.

In addition to get those three tracks complete and five under more active construction I must also take care of some supportive tasks considering the release (checked 12/12/10):
  • Set up a MySpace account for sharing the tracks (www.myspace.com/elektropolmusic, some French person had taken /elektropol :<)
  • Set up a project to Finnish Mikseri.net service (the biggest Finnish online community for free music)
  • Finish the album design (cover, in-cover text, tracklisting and so on)
  • Design some relevant graphics for online use
  • Gather some more ideas and tips to share the album online
  • Possibly tweak up some kind of a music video (enables sharing on YouTube, Vimeo and such)
  • Burn x amount of actual CD releases and print covers for them (future collectable item ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment